Watersports are fun and challenging but involve inherent risk of injury or death. To increase your enjoyment of the sport and to reduce your risks, use common sense and follow these guidelines: familiarize yourself with all applicable federal, state and local laws, the risks inherent in the sport and the proper use of equipment. Know the waterways and always have a person other than the boat driver as an observer. The rider, observer and driver should agree on hand signals. Never start out until the rider signals that they are ready. Always use caution and common sense.
Regarding Equipment and Towrope:
Always wear a US Coast Guard Type III (PFD) vest. Inspect all equipment prior to use. Check board, fins and floatation device prior to each use. DO NOT USE if damaged. Use proper tow rope for the activity. Ensure rope is free from all body parts prior to starting out or during use. Keep persons and ropes away from propeller when engine is running, even if in neutral. Should rope become entangled in propeller, SHUT OFF ENGINE AND REMOVE IGNITION KEY BEFORE RETRIEVING ROPE. Propellers are very sharp and can cut wet skin easily.
Liability and Suitability of Use:
Activities involving the use of INLAND SURFER BOARDS assume the risk of bodily injuring arising from those activities. Wakesurfing close to a propeller may cause injury or death. Do not use behind outboard, inboard/outboard or stern drive boats. INLAND SURFER is not liable to the users of third parties for any incidental or consequential damages, including damages for personal injury, beyond the responsibility INLAND SURFER assumes for replacement or repair of its products subject to the conditions of the Inland Surfer warranty.
How to Treat Your Board:
It is essential to keep your board out of direct or intense sunlight for extended periods of time as our boards are made out of materials that CAN be sensitive to excessive heat. Buy a protective bag for your board, it protects the board from surface/cosmetic damage, sun damage and keeps the boat protected as well. Inspect your board for damage every time you ride. Check the fins to make sure they are tight. Fins do not float. Fins are included with original packaging. DO NOT start from the swim platform. Gasoline, oils and most other petroleum products are bad for your board so do not let your board come into contact with any of these chemicals. These products can attack some types of plastics and epoxies causing structural failure.
Warranty (see the Inland Surfer Warranty Guide for specific instructions):
INLAND SURFER warrants its products for one year from purchase date to the original purchaser to be free from major defects in material or workmanship. This warranty is subject to the following limitations.
- The warranty is valid only when the product is used for normal recreational activities and does not cover products used in rental or teaching operations.
- This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, abuse, neglect or normal wear and tear including but not limited to pressure dings, heel dents, damage due to excessive sun or heat exposure, damage caused by improper handling and storage, damage caused by use in board racks or damage caused by anything other than defects in the material and workmanship.
- Inland Surfer wakesurf boards are designed for water starting with the proper rope only. Starting from the swim platform WILL VOID the warranty and any damage caused will not be covered under any warranty.
- This warranty is void if any unauthorized repair, change or modification has been made to any part of the product.
- INLAND SURFER will make the final warranty determination which will require inspections of the product. All products must be sent to INLAND SURFER via postage/freight prepaid.
- Any approved returns must be shipped in original packaging. Products shipped by user to INLAND SURFER which have incurred freight damage due to user’s improper packaging of the product will not be covered by this warranty and any repairs or replacement parts, components or products needed will be invoiced in the full current price amount and returned freight collect to user. In case of a cancelled order that has been processed and shipped, it is the purchaser’s responsibility to provide returned shipment. ***Any damage incurred during return shipping will be the purchaser’s responsibility and will be charged at full price.
- The Keenan Pro Models, FlyBoy Pro Models, Sean Pro Model, Caro Pro Model and Sweet Spot Ultra boards are built to competition level specifications and are not covered under any warranty. Any warranty consideration will be handled on a carefully inspected case by case basis.